The Lord Leycester might be one of the most important medieval buildings in England but what makes us special is our people. Together, our Trustees, volunteers, staff and collaborators represent a diverse and dynamic team of unique talents, united by a common purpose. We value independently-minded people who enrich our museum with fresh thinking and new experiences.
We are currently recruiting for the following paid positions but we’re always on the lookout for volunteers too. If you can spare a few hours each week and would like to lend a hand, please check our volunteer page for available roles.
Digital Marketing Executive
Job Title: Digital Marketing Executive ( Part Time )
Responsible to: Marketing Manager
Salary: £24,000 per annum pro rata
Contract: 2 years fixed contract funded by The National Lottery Heritage Fund with the possibility of being extended. Job share also considered.
Start Date: Negotiable/2nd October 2023
The Digital Marketing Executive will play a key role in assisting the Marketing Manager with delivering the business objectives, increasing visitor targets, and driving revenue, as well as informing the ongoing development of the marketing strategy and process. The role will also be responsible for crafting compelling content, implementing campaigns, supporting growth and reporting on our success.
This position offers flexibility on working hours and location, but with some onsite presence vital. We are looking for applicants who can reciprocate that flexibility – working some long hours when needed for press/media visits, or for gathering content for social media as the project progresses.
- Assist Marketing Manager to deliver business objectives and build long-term connection with customers and consumers.
- Acquire insight into Marketing, Ecommerce and Digital Marketing trends, keeping abreast of new and emerging strategies.
- Improve performance and drive growth both in terms of audience reach and conversion, using tools such as Google analytics, SEMrush, etc.
- Monitor and report on competitor activity, identifying new trends and opportunities for our brand and product within the marketplace.
- Monitor and capture online/offline customer satisfaction feedback and surveys across all channels linked to the overall project evaluation. Collate, analyse, and report responses.
- Track, monitor, analyse and report all results and KPI’s to Marketing Manager.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with the creation of marketing assets and materials, including website and social, graphics, promotional flyers, brochures to increase brand awareness and drive revenue.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with planning, implementing and promotion of all events in line with LLH events calendar.
- Develop monthly content plan. Create and schedule compelling content across a variety of channels, such as social, blogs, product emails, membership newsletters.
- Ensure all content remains fresh and up to date ( while also maintaining continuity and overall consistency of digital and offline content user experience (messaging, voice, and style).
- Ensure all online content is optimised and formatted for web/mobile/SEO.
- Manage paid and organic social media accounts with the focus on increasing traffic, creating brand and product awareness, and driving revenue growth through Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, Twitter etc.
- Increase the number of conversions, followers, ‘likes’ and audiences for our digital marketing and social media outputs in line with KPI’s.
- Community management of social media channels, including managing consumer questions and comments.
- Create and post weekly blogs.
- Create and distribute Press Releases in accordance with marketing plans and events. Maintain and build PR database.
- Be proactive in the ongoing maintenance of our online and offline presence, by spotting opportunities, updating content as and when required and making recommendations on content and features.
- Create and execute the email marketing process, including planning, briefing, amendments, testing, sign off and deployment.
- Create and execute the influencer marketing plan to enhance brand awareness and product promotion. Identify & engage key influencers.
- Utilise Canva, Facebook Business Manager, Instagram, TikTok, MailChimp, Planoly, and Survey Monkey.
The role reports to the Marketing Manager
- Experienced, and motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to operate in a small team environment
- Strong communicator – good written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic and goal orientated
- Experience of or enthusiastic about heritage venues
£24,000 pro rata salary with the initial requirement of 16 hours over 3 days a week TBA. The position is for an initial period through to March 2025 funded by The National Lottery Heritage Fund. Immediate start if possible.
Please send your CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role to Wendy C. Miller, Marketing Manager E: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is funded by The National Lottery Heritage Fund thanks to National Lottery Players.
Salary: £24,000.00 per year
Application deadline: 18/08/2023
Expected start date: 02/10/2023